On April 1st, 2017 Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles held the 28th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, presendted by Delta Air Lines, Hilton, Ketel One Vodka, Liberty Mutual Insurance and Wells Fargo.
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the LGBTQ community and the issues that affect their lives. They also fund GLAAD’s work to amplify stories from the LGBTQ community that build support for equality.
The event honored television, media and film for their diversity and representation of the LGBTQ community as well as racial justice portrayed on screen.
Here is the list of winners:
• Vanguard Award: Patricia Arquette
• Stephen F. Kolzak Award: Troye Sivan
• Outstanding Film – Wide Release: Moonlight
• Outstanding Drama Series: Shadowhunters
• Outstanding Comedy Series: Transparent
• Outstanding Film – Limited Release: Other People
• Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series: Eyewitness
• Outstanding Individual Episode: “San Junipero” Black Mirror
• Outstanding Daily Drama: The Bold and The Beautiful
• Outstanding Comic Book: The Woods
• Special Recognition Award: Her Story (web-series)
• Special Recognition Award: We’ve Been Around (web-series)
• Special Recognition Award: Sin Ir Más Lejos” by Gema Corredera (music video)
• Outstanding Music Artist: Kany García, Limonada
• Outstanding Local TV Journalism: “A la calle por quien soy” Noticias 34
• Outstanding Newspaper Article: “Las discretas batallas LGBTI ganadas en Guatemala” by Sonia Pérez D
• Outstanding Digital Journalism Article: “6 mujeres transgénero exitosas que rompen moldes en América Latina” by Leire Ventas
Congratulations to all the winners!